Thursday, June 4, 2009

Tyra's Essay per Rullan


Today at 4:05am
Hello. So I was finishing up Friday Night Lights (the sitcom) the last season and I am currently on the 2nd to last episode. There's a scene in here that reminded me of you. The clip doesn't show the dialogue between the couple on the balcony. But, he's the coach and that's his wife. It's the night before the state championship and he stares out at the stadium and says "I have no idea whats going to happen tomorrow." His wife pauses and replies, "well... you're gonna win... or you're gonna lose. Either way, the sun is gonna come up the next morning." Then he hugs her.

The voice you hear next is Tyra. She was the badass who got away with her looks who was going nowhere and along the way she met people who changed her life and now she's reading her college essay aloud to a guy who never quit on her. I really like it





Two years ago, I was afraid of wanting anything. I figured wanting would lead to trying, and trying would lead to failure. But now I find I can't stop wanting. I wanna fly somewhere first class. I wanna travel to Europe on a business trip. I wanna get invited to the White House. I wanna learn about the world. I wanna surprise myself. I wanna be important. I wanna be the best person I can be. I wanted to find myself instead of having others to find me. I wanna win, and have people be happy for me. I wanna lose and get over it. I wanna not be afraid at the end. I wanna grow up to be generous and big-hearted, the way that people have been with me. I want an interesting and surprising life. It's not that I think I'm gonna get all these things. I just want the possibility of getting them. College represents possibility. The possibility that things are gonna change. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment