Friday, June 19, 2009

Saginaw, Scarves & Sinatra

My life here in Saginaw, Michigan is pretty repetitive. I wake up around 8:15am, about 30 minutes later than I should considering the fact that I usually have to be at work 15 minutes later. And it usually takes about 15 minutes to get there without speeding. I run around like a maniac with the preceptor who is currently covering four outpatient units. I go to the cafeteria and get $3.00 of a salad with my $5.00 voucher, and spend the rest of the money either on half-baked cookies or yogurt and skim milk to eat/drink the next morning. After lunch, I run around again. I go home. I eat. I lock myself up in my room.

One thing I do look forward to is seeing my neighbors who live below me, Tom & Jerry, sitting in their patios waiting for me to get out of my car to say "hello." Tom's usually getting ready to go golfing with his buddies. Jerry is usually drinking with his buddy who's name I cannot remember for the life of me. They make me smile. I don't know why, considering the fact that it is such a short-lived encounter. But they make me happy. They make me feel welcome. Like I belong.

I did a few things differently today:
  • I started knitting scarves again.
  • I pandora'd "Frank Sinatra."
  • I planned my trip to ...
  • I ate a falafel wrap from Yasmeen's for lunch.
  • I ate a flatbread steak & bacon melt, fries and mac & cheese for dinner.
  • I looked in the mirror and thought: "Damn."
This day's been good to me. Regardless of the humidity. It's been really good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment